What My Mind Does While I Wait

Monday, May 22, 2006

my drum set sound prettier than i expected
and having the set in my room for me to play pressure free gives me confidences i dont have when i play i suppose at a lesson in front of Cam or around kids at school when i sneak in to practice.... this new found, safe haven of confidence has let me fix some of the mistakes i was hitting and i've gotten a lot of the beats down. DISCO, JAZZ, SWING, ROCK



My weekend with MaryCate was very nice indeed, though i did spen a relativly ubsurd time traveling.... 2 hours both ways to the river... 10 plus hours on a train..... or waiting for one.
She gave me a tour of the towns surrounding the river while we listened to some of the mixes i had burned her a few months back. We played monoply till 1:00 am. Though both the dingi and motor boat didnt start, and the wind was too extreme to sail, we took a small motor boat ride on the sail boat, wake boarded, sea kayaked... ate trail mix. Ate clams and curried shrimp, played Japaneese Train Dominos.... slept, woke, sailed, successfullly killed the boat by shrugging down the main sail, getting the jib sheet stuck in the motor, and winning out with a black eye and a flustered but alive boat. It was quite lovely seeing friends from camp again, miss it, discussing the good days.... but the train ride sucked


Once again my sister was successful in picking multiple petty arguments, blaming me, and then continuing by insisting that i'm dumb, have a thick skull, and explains to me how she is so glad that this summer she'll barely see me cause i'm the one thing in life that annoys her.... she's so sensitive... all i wanted to do was go to the hardware store without her snapping at me about how she's a slave always driving me places... pfft...

Seems as though it will be possible to have a lovely little shin dig for maria before she's off to the montanas. (not montana that was spanish for mts. but i dont have a tilda). We'll have a lovely little barbeQ in my backyard... along with brick oven pizzas and sushi, fruit sala, CAKE, hot tubin, kids. (by that i mean teens, not having children as in birth)

So close.... 14 days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home